PRESS RELEASE - 15 January 2014
AIA NJ DESIGN AWARD
FLLWBC WRIGHT SPIRIT AWARD 2008
In 1988, Sharon and Lawrence Tarantino acquired the neglected Bachman-Wilson House, ca. 1954,
designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. Tarantino Architect guided the complete restoration, as well as rebuilt
the kitchen according to Mr. Wright's original drawings. Additionally, furnishings have been restored
and rebuilt, with 1950's upholstery fabrics selected appropriate for the house and the period.
The house is currently sited along the Millstone River and is a 20th Century contributing structure in the
National Historic District of the Borough of Millstone. This mid-fifties Usonian is one of the
purest of Mr. Wright's designs of this period, with regard to a culmination of his long prolific
design philosophy: a work of art in simplicity and form, unencumbered by programmatic constraints.
Additional information on its acquisition and move to the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, Arkansas will be provided as it becomes available.