Essex County, New Jersey
CURRENT RESTORATION PROJECT
FLLWBC WRIGHT SPIRIT AWARD 2010
Designed in 1941 and built in 1951, the Richardson House is a rare example of
Frank Lloyd Wright's Usonian houses based on a hexagon unit module. An oasis in the middle of a suburban
landscape, the house was constructed of red brick, cypress wood, red concrete mat and glass.
Over the past ten years, the current owner has embarked on restoring the house, which included the kitchen, bathrooms, and hydronic radiant heat floor mat, as well as the doors and windows. Recently, the challenge was rehabilitation of the existing membrane roof and the replacement of the decaying soffit and fascia around the entire house.
Gallery | Website | Article
For more information about Frank Lloyd Wright, visit the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy website